It's okay lil' asian.

.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Prompt: animal encounters.

I pull up to my house, right? Slowly I peered around. For days now, I tell ya’ I haven’t seen a mouse in weeks.  There’s a panther on the loose. A giant wild cat! I saw it once. It was huge, I tell ya’. He leaped and bounded. He gambled after his prey. So quietly, I was sittin’ there in my car, now. I was just waitin’ to see if it was safe fer me to dash outta my car to my house, and then I saw the dang thing. The panther leaped onto my car. My car shook with such ferocity, I tell ya’.  I was frozen in place, couldn’t even blink an eye. It came closer to the window. Slowly I opened the door and took off fer my house. But I didn’t know if I’d make it. Halfway there I already thought of myself as a goner. I’d already written my will in the clouds. That dang panther was really chasin’ me. He leaped and chased. He gambled on me!
I finally reached the house. Safe inside at last.
So I picked up my black kitty and snuggled him ‘till half past.
“who let you out?”, I purred in his ears. “Someone might get the wrong impression, black panthers can’t be stout.” And we snuggled some more. While he told me of wild stories, galore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment