It's okay lil' asian.

.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coffee Reviews.

So as an online student I've found that I spend a LOT of time in coffee shops drinking coffee and doing homework.
Yep. Thus is the life of an online student. It's pretty chill.
Anyways, so this is going to be my coffee review.
I usually drink only mochas. I like the chocolate-y coffee-ness of it.
And I don't go to the same coffee shop more than once in a row, so this is kinda nice.
So here's the coffee shops that I've frequented since school has started.
Star bucks- Downtown,
Caribou- Canal Park.
Star bucks- At the mall
Beaners- West Duluth.

Star Bucks (Downtown)
They're average as far as coffee shops go. I mean, yeah it's a huge chain of coffee shops, but this one is pretty average in their product, I've never had a stellar cup of mocha here. Ever. And I suppose that's fine, at least they're consistant in their average product.
Their customer service though, I think that's what sets them apart in this coffee shop filled world.
The baristas at this star bucks are always really friendly, in the morning, after then noon rush they kinda lose a little bit of their cheerfullness. So maybe that's what keeps them in the average category.
their mocha, is just a mocha. Nothing special about it, it's not overly chocoaltely, not overly bitter. it's just a cup of mocha.
Thumbs up from morgan: 6/10. Average.

Caribou ( canal Park)
Now I've always been a fan of Caribou, maybe I like them a little bit more than Star Bucks. Who knows. Anyways. These people are little above average for me to be honest. They're always cheerful, no matter which chain you go to (except maybe the one up by the mall... not in the mall by the mall.) And I like it when my barista is super happy and gives me the feeling that they may or may not being doing coke in the break room. It's a satisfying excitement, and makes me feel like I'll be excited about my drink. Which i usually am.
And when I 'm there, I've never hada  true mocha from them. I'm not even sure if tehy have a real mocha. I usually get a campfire mocha, which is pretty much the same thing, just with you know mini marshmallows :3
and it's delicious, always. No matter what. I've never had a bad campfire mocha. Ever. (except maybe at the one up by the mall.. it was an average one.)
Rate: 8/10 (: They're delicious. Love me some Bou.

Star Bucks at the mall
This is my favorite star bucks. Not only because it's in the greatest bookstore in the world (minus their ridiculous prices sometimes) But this one is so goooooddd. The people who work there are the quirkiest and the funniest and sometimes even the cutest! Ahh!
So here's my "why this starbucks is the best ever over everyone else's starbucks" so I went there with my auntie once, right? And I got a mocha. And it was the crappiest mocha I had ever drank in my entire life, so i went up to the counter and was all, "there is something off about this mocha." and the barista was all "do you have any germs that will make me sick and possibly die of aids?" and i was all "nope." and so she took a sip and was all "my god you'r rigth" and tossed it and then made me THE BEST FRICKEN MOCHA I HAD EVER FRICKEN DRANK IN MY ENTIRE FRICKEN LIFE. Like, it was a coffee chocolate orgasm in my mouth. I've never had one soooo goood. ah, i want it now.
Morgans ratie" 10-10 fuck yeah.

Beaners- west duluth.
this place is strange. They're good, I've been here many times for open mic night which is really fun! And I encourage everyone to go! it's on my bucket list to perform something on open mic night here, maybe i will. but not anytime soon i need to have a plan first. haha.
But this place is cool. it's super chill, the people who work here are interesting and chill and cool you know?
But the mocha i'm drinking right now.
is the biggest waste of 4.32 i have ever made.
it's not the money, i don't care about the money. i'm talking about this cup of coffe.
it fricken sucks. like it tastes like shitty milk and crappy coffee beans.
Like eating straight up roasted beans. Like dirt.
But i can't complain. i'm using their wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment