It's okay lil' asian.

.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tattoo Wednesday?

I missed Tattoo tuesday.
(not that i kept up with any of my purposed dates)
but her ear tattoos.


This is my first tattoo, and I got it last night, September 23rd. The cactus-like creature is called a Cactuar, found in a series of video games called Final Fantasy. I got this tattoo at Thou Art Studios in Lancaster, Ohio. The man who tatted me was named Steve, and he’s hilarious.
The meaning behind the tattoo? I’m a hardcore gamer. Gaming is a big part of my life, and it’s gotten me through a lot of hard times. Final Fantasy X specifically helped me in that way. Gave me something to focus on and get into when things got rough.
sun-sh1ne.tumblr.com\
OHEMGEE. Cactaur from final fantasy. ahhhhh (:

“it’s history, it’s poetry.” from Catcher In The Rye. It’s part of a very long quote that pretty much says that no one will ever understand humans and many, many people will be troubled by human nature; but we’re always going to learn from others and will end up teaching others too. It’s my very first tattoo, and it’s on my ribs. I got it done at a friend’s house (yes, I know) by Mike Fedder. Guys, he knows what he’s doing.\
catcher in the rye fuck yeah.



I had always been really obsessed with Portal and thought that if I was going to get a tattoo that was fandom related it had to be clever. The tattoos are (obviously) on either side of my head and these are my first tattoos.
Now I’m thinking with portals.
portal!

I’m Summer from Richmond, VA and this is my octopus on my right thigh! I got it done a couple of days ago by Katie Davis (Who I ADORE!) at Salvation Tattoo! This was my first and not my last haha it is everything I wanted and more. The octopus is a creature of many meanings and it just resonates with me. I love my octopus especially when it peeks out from the dress or shorts i’m wearing :)\\

This was taken the day after I got it done :)
I learned a story when I was younger about Canadian Geese in school, and it stuck with me. Basically - Canadian Geese always fly in formation with the strongest one leading, and if one of the birds get sick, hurt, or too tired to continue on, another bird will go down the ground with it, and stay until the bird is ready to continue or dies. They never truly leave eachother alone in a time of need. So - this is my dad, mom, brother, & me.
Done by Mike at Tatarama :) Love it.

I learned a story when I was younger about Canadian Geese in school, and it stuck with me. Basically - Canadian Geese always fly in formation with the strongest one leading, and if one of the birds get sick, hurt, or too tired to continue on, another bird will go down the ground with it, and stay until the bird is ready to continue or dies. They never truly leave eachother alone in a time of need. So - this is my dad, mom, brother, & me.
Done by Mike at Tatarama :) Love it.

This is my tattoo of Audrey Kawasaki’s amazing drawing called “Okimiyage”.This was the first piece of hers that I fell in love with, and I just had to have it on my body :)I owe all the thanks in the world to my tattoo artist John Henry @ Aloha Monkey in Burnsville, MN. He is such a sweetheart & he really worked with me to make her perfect!I definitely plan on getting more portrait style tattoos from him!I am so in love with this tattoo, she’s gorgeous <3Submitted by: loveandchaos-.tumblr.com 
I fucking love audrey kawasaki.

this is my cattoo! my best friends and i all have the same symbol slightly altered to each of us. i love courtney and lydia with all my heart and i’m happy we’ll always have this to connect us no matter where we end up. this was done by shane at shaman’s den in binghamton, new york.
i’d also like to mention binghamton was recently wrecked by a terrible flood and many people lost their homes and everything in them. if anyone would like to help with flood relief use the following link:
http://uwbroome.org/
That's pretty fucking sweet if you ask me. 

via rhymeswithsilly
I posted the linework of this Mucha/James Jean inspired piece last time. Here is the progress from my second session with Deran Hall of Golden Spiral Tattoos in Greensboro, NC. About 15 hours of inking altogether.

This is the tattoo I had done on the 25th of September 2011. Mark Kazuro of Kazuro Tattoos in Maleny did it in about twenty minutes and put so much effort into it - he is amazing and cares so much for his work.
For the backstory as to what the word means in general and to me, click here.

stonnefox.tumblr.com
done by mick wrath at living dead tattoo in las vegas, nv


My Bright Eyes tattoo.
“Hot Knives” is my favorite Bright Eyes song. This particular line always resonated with me. So cliché, but I went through a really terrible breakup recently, and needed to do something for myself, to give myself some closure. The song is about a woman who packs up and leaves her life behind so that she can start over, and I suppose that’s what I’m trying to do right now. The artwork is taken directly from the cover of the lyrics booklet inside Cassadaga.

Peter Aurisch

I’m a diabetic since ten years now and this tattoo is a tribute to it.
diabetes tattoo.
I think it's really cool.

This is my first tattoo done by jesso from fallen angel tattoo I love absolutlly everything about it!

and now for a kinda dumb tattoo
Tattoo by me, Jacob Walsh.  Raph is my favorite turtle and I had a lot of fun doing this tattoo on a buddy of mine. 
Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment