It's okay lil' asian.

.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

summer things. i want. to do.

So today I jumped into lake superior. Yup, all thirty degrees of her. And it was so cold. But I dont care, I i did it with the foreign exchange student ye rin. She went in her under wear.
It was so fricken amazing.
I had never felt so alive. It was maybe sixty degrees outside and the water was a beautiful thirty or so degrees. But it was thirty degrees of bonding bliss. Have you ever jumped into lake superior with a foreign exchange student who was only in their underwear? No. I dont think you have. You should try it.
She's leaving tomorrow. I am so sad about it. Be ause I will miss her so much. She was my favorite.

Anyway. Im blogging from my phone. Which really sucks because of the text lag. Balls.
I have a goal for this summer: become fricken awesome at call of duty. Like fricken gamer awesome. I dont care which one. Computer console. Who cares. Im gonna be the shit. 
So I was rereading my coworker mikes blog and two things occurred one I was rereading because he needs to put more shit up and two I started to think, which his blogs usually make me do, And now im kinda sorta reblogging.
 here's a list of people who inspired my life in no particular order and if your not on here that doesn't mean that your not important or haven't inspired me. It just means that you aren't on my train of thought right now.
Sydnee Mae (Alice) chipman.
I met her through a previous best friend. I hated this girl so much when I was little. Like this girl made me so mad. But somehow we learned to like each other and even have six or more hour conversations every night.  And we wrote. If there is anyone who inspires me, its here. She listens to me complain and understands what im talking about when im naming my one in the morning bowl of oat meal. She gets it. She knows how to calm my sporadic thoughts and actions. She's the only real constant I've had in my life. She's also an amazing writer. Like godly. If I knew how to make an attachment of her novella I would. Its so good. And shes hilarious. She's everything I will ever need and more. And regretfully I dont see her very often, but shes the anchor to my floating lifestyle.
(Grandma) Laura (Lana) Victoria Runstrom (Valdez)
She is my filipino grandmother. She is absolutely the most amazing woman in the entire world. She gave up her children so that they would have a better life. She's selfless and gives all of herself to her family.  Everything she has she gives. And I am not a believer in anything really besides some kind of  higher power, but when she talks about God and how my life won't be bad for long. I believe. I believe her. I love her. She inspires me to be a great woman like her. I don't know what to say about a woman who has always been somewhere in my life my entire life. She's taught me all that I know about my culture and through her I've found who I am.
(Great Grandma) Elsie.
If there is anyone who could make me cry, just by smiling at me. It would be her. This woman loves to garden and be out in nature, she is the reason I love flowers. She's the reason I look at the world not as a whole but as a million tiny pieces that are individuals. She's almost blind but she can see a person for who they truly are. She sees beauty and everything that is important in this world. And she can hardly stay awake past lunch time. Shes had two strokes and each time tells the doctor that she just needs crackers and some coffee. Shes the strongest person I know. And I get my strength from her. I am an artist because of her.
Erika Anne Runstrom
Shes my auntie. 
Shes my counselor, confidant, best friend. Amazing person overall.
When I need to talk to someone I usually talk to her. When im about to talk to her she already knows what im going to talk to her about. She's my drive and ambition. She is a substitute to a mother who is there but never really there. She always has the best advice to my troublesome teenage life. And she always knows what i should do and has reasons for  why i should. Shes auntie. And i love her.
 i want to put more people here but im doing this from my phone and my fingers are tired.so to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment