It's okay lil' asian.

.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Searching.

My best friend Sydnee wrote a book for National Writers Month. I just finished it. It was the best book I have ever read. Seriously. To be very honest, because she's my best friend I was terrified to read it, because what if I didn't like it? I did like it though. In fact I loved it.
The whole story is based around Aj, a girl whos friend had died on graduation... Uh I'm terrible at explaining here's the synopsis.
Aj Lane's best friend Nikolai Harris is obsessed with Greek Mythology, particularly the myth that Zeus feared the power of humans so he cut them all in half, forcing them to forever be in search of their other half. He believed there was one person out there for everyone and when they found each other, they would be whole again. That's no secret, but when he dies, on graduation night, Aj's entire life is thrown off track s/ she's forced to face life without him and discovers with a little help from his journal, some crazy dreams of a past lifetime she doesn't remember, a new boy who immediately steals her heart and a Demi-God that claims he's one of Zeus's sons that maybe what Nik believed was true and that maybe finding the other half of your soul isn't always a good thing. Maybe it brings about just as much destruction as it does happiness.

^^ Pretty good huh? No. PRETTY FRICKEN AMAZING.
I went through most of my book emotions. Now i'm at the bittersweet ending. And it sucks. I want more but there isn't anymore. That's it. The end. Though I'm pushing for a spin off on Pierces life. Pierce is Aj's twin soul, just so you know.
It was great but I'm noticing some pretty harsh after effects.
Hey morgan how do you get after effects from reading a book?
Well they change you're life.
Such as I have a new dating rule.
It will basicaly go like this.

Person Interested: Hey, I think I'm lost can you help me?
Me: sure, where do you need to go?
P.I: Well you see I'm lost in your eyes but I think I'm trying to get to your heart.
Me: Oh, well do you feel like we have an intense connection? Even though we just met and do you feel like you've known me you're entire life?
P.I: Uhhh...
Me: Do you feel electricity running through you're veins, and that every word I say is just absolutely the most interesting thing you've ever heard? No?
Hm. Sorry, I guess I forgot the directions to my heart, and you're just going to stay lost.
-walks away-
I'm so sad. No one will ever measure up to the greatness of being my twin soul. But That doesn't mean I'm saying no. It just means I know what I'm missing out on and have crazy expectations now ;) haha,
Oh love

1 comment: