It's okay lil' asian.

.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thoughts while fishing. #1

The rules of attraction.
Cats have it figured out. Fish most definitely do.
Dogs, well you cant not love them.
But seriously. When you want to pet or play with your cat they let you pet them once or twice and then get as far away from you as possible; they know how to leave you yearning for more. And boy do I want more.
Fishing has a similar concept: you just want to catch one. It doesn't matter after awhile how big it is. You just need one. And you know they're in the water. You know that they are there. Because you see them swimming around, making splashes not even ten feet from you. But you keep on sitting at the dumb dock. Fishing.
And then after three hours, you realized you've only been catching weeds. Weeds want you, but you dont want weeds. Who wants weeds? No one. But you do want to catch something. Anything. So you reel in the weeds, anticipating a fish, only to realize you've wasted your time, fishing for weeds.
I think that we as a relationship yearning people can learn a lot from fish and cats. If we just learn how to keep whoever, whatever yearning for more, how will you ever lose them? You won't, well im theory. Because they could get sick of hot and cold signals. But in theory continually teasing a person is perfect.
If you only give them a taste, just enough to leave a memory on their palette. They'll keep coming back, right? Or if your like me, the dog, you just keep giving unconditional attention. But the owner doesn't always want to play fetch with the dog. And so im left to continually put my head on their lap, baying my puppy dog eyes, wagging my tail,  convulsing my body in joy. Whimpering, begging you for attention, but you've got wandering eyes. Which go other places.
I wanna be a cat.
Better yet.
Im already a fox.

The more you beat me, I will fawn on you:
Use me but as your spaniel, spurn me, strike me,
Neglect me, lose me; only give me leave,
Unworthy as I am, to follow you.
What worse place can I beg in your love,--
And yet a place of high respect with me,--
Than to be used as you use your dog?"
— William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment