It's okay lil' asian.

.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Folie A deu

I now have two blogs. The second one is going to be the beginning of a fashion blog while this one will stay
just a nice little blog about my thoughts and writing and things that are interesting.
Elle Mode

Why Elle? That's my modeling alter ego. Morgana Elle. It's the same but different at the same time.
I wanted to be Morgana Valdez. Because that is my grandmothers maiden name. But I was told that I was adding an ethnicity to my face which I guess people are still crazy obsessed about. I don't think so though. I think it would add mystery to me still. Morgana Elle sounds really "white" which is fine. But I'm not.

So I had a weird out of body/de ja vu moment. I was driving back to my aunts after picking up my cousins from Sturgeon Lake from their mom. And we were passing the paper mill in Duluth and my little cousin says
"That's where they make clouds!"
Which is weird because When I was her same age we passed the same place and I said,
"That's where my dad works. He makes clouds for the world."
So yeah we're pretty much awesome for having such awesome views on life.

Which got me thinking. I'm kind of a daddy's girl. I know that sounds weird or whatever but I've always had this adoration for my father that has never failed. He's always been there and has always been proud of me. He's supported everything I've ever wanted to do, even the things that he didn't believe in (my school choices.)

And then that made me think of this school field trip that I went to during my freshman year. We were walking back to school and my father is an electrition (was, he started his own company now) and he was working downtown and I guess he saw me but didn't say anything because he was afraid that I would be embarrassed by him but instead (to his surprise) I called out to him and said  hi. When he told me this story he kinda cried. He's an emotional man; when it comes to his family and having pride in his family and such. I'm glad he's my dad. We get into fights and he can be extremely irrational. I'm extremely irrational. It's all in the family.

My aunt Katie is in town and she's PREGNANT! WHOA! haha, but her and my mother don't hate each other but whatever comes right before hate that's how they feel about each other. And It's just very awkward because today is the barbeque to say goodbye to Katie and Nick (her husband) and Jenna (my cousin, Katie's daughter, Nicks Step daughter) and my mother lasted a whole five minutes here. I don't think they spoke a single word to one another.

Ah, this is the days of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment