It's okay lil' asian.

.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Oh the many lives you will live.

A few days ago I sent a facebook message to a family friend of mine named Anne. She's from Quebec. She's the sweetest person I have ever met. She's so incredible too! But Anyway I sent a message to her because I hadn't heard or seen her in awhile. My aunt had told me a story about how she was in this retreat where she couldn't really talk to anyone and it was all about getting to know herself and getting closer to god. (or whatever respective higher power you believe in that wouldn't offend you)  
And in the message she said that she had noticed all of my pictures that I had posted recently and 
that she had remembered* a conversation that we had had at my aunts wedding (ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO!) about how I really desperately wanted (still want to) change the world. Make an impact somewhere somehow because I feel like I'm a wasted piece of living space if I don't do something to make this world that much better by doing something. ANYTHING!

And so really I know that I can't just go out and change the entire world. So I just try to listen to people and to the things that they have to say; like their worries or things that are bothering them. Even the happy things too. Because people just want to be heard in some kind of way. That's really all we want. To be heard and listened to, just so we know that we matter. That  we're important.

I can't really remember what exactly I wanted to blog about before coming on here.
But I guess this is fine too.

Have a good morning everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment