It's okay lil' asian.

.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Now For some excerpting.

Here's and Excerpt from "Waiting for A Push" Because idk, I feel like I could use some
appreciation. It's hard being a writer. I now see why they're all poor.

"My name is Regis. What's a beautiful girl like yourself doing later tonight?" He played coy, but he was anything but.
"My name is Rissa, and tonight I'm doing anything but you."
"A woman after my own heart."  He laughed, it was the easiest way for him to accept rejection.
She giggled, "And what's your name tall, dark, and nerdy?" 
My face flushed, "Marco."
"Well it's nice to meet you Marco. I wish I could say the same for Regis." She winked. Her voice lilted and careened so quickly through each syllable. 
"So how long have you been interested in 30 Days?" I asked feeling the need to make conversation with her.
"Actually, I found out about it tonight. Maybe ten minutes before it started." Her words became so small and there was a slight hint of embarrassment. Or I was reading incorrectly into her emotions. 
"Really? This is such an amazing organization. I love everything that they've done for these people." I was caught up in her eyes for a moment. It was a strange feeling. Regis and I never made eye contact, we were too busy keeping our hands busy as we discussed trivial topics such as which women we would deem a 10, video games, and on the rare occasion  politics. We never discussed religion; neither of us believed in anything but ourselves. 
Her smile brought me back from my train of thoughts. 
"Maybe I should have just found you instead of making a noisy introduction." She laughed. And even though I realized that her attempt at a possible flirtatious comment didn't make sense realistically, I found myself laughing along with her.
"If you two will please excuse me, I see a beautiful woman at the beverage station who is dying to know what one night with Regis would be like." With a smile full of predetermined success he walked away towards the woman who could have possibly been old enough to be atleast his aunt. Or something. 







"I was just out of collage, I was broke, it’s the oldest story in the world.
Boy meets Girl, Boy wants Girl to do dominatrix film, Girl says naked, Boy says yeah, Girl says forget it. Boy says okay, then just wear this rubber dress and beat the old guy with a scrub brush, Girl says how hard." - Karen Walker.


JACK: I’m an actor! Do I need to remind you I  almost just got that part in  Seven Grooms for Seven Brothers? Till  that damn 15th guy showed up.
KAREN: Honey, this is not some trashy  downtown skit where you flit around in  tights performing for homeless  men in cardboard RVs. We need a virile, hunky,  straight actor.
JACK: Uh, hello! I could totally play straight!
KAREN: Oh, honey, no one in the world would  believe you’re straight. You’re  as gay as a clutch purse on Tony night.  You fell out of the gay tree hitting  every gay branch on the way down.  And you landed on a gay guy. And you did him.

JACK: Uh, hello! I could totally play straight!
KAREN: Oh, honey, no one in the world would believe you’re straight. You’re as gay as a clutch purse on Tony night. You fell out of the gay tree hitting every gay branch on the way down. And you landed on a gay guy. And you did him.

No comments:

Post a Comment