It's okay lil' asian.

.

Friday, July 8, 2011

I still say your name when I'm talkin' in my sleep.

I've got a firm hold on the story I'm writing. Like A really firm hold. I like it. Which isn't uncommon for stories that I feel like are good. But I'm trying to not get too attached, because once I get attached to an idea I over think it and  get too caught up in it. To the point where all I can sleep, eat, drink, breathe my book. And that's a good bad thing. Good because I get somewhere. Bad because then I get bored with the plot because I've spent so much time with it. I need break time from things like that sometimes.
But since I've been on my roughly two year writing hiatus I'm ready to dive in. I'm ready to actually write something instead of just journaling my life away.  Time for some fiction.

Here's an excerpt of what I've written. It's a non serious part but it's very vital to introducing the character Regis. Who so far is my favorite person. He's one of those people who in real life you would just think is a complete douch bag, but in stories you love that character.

My cell phone vibrated in my pocket. I checked it before answering. I wasn't surprised to see that Regis was calling me. He was the only one who ever really called. 
"Hey." I answered while walking into the kitchen to get a glass of Kool-Aid. 
"'Sup Marco? What are you doing? We still on for that save Africa shit tonight?" It was strange how he could ask the same thing twice, say offensive things about your interests and yet everyone loved him. I thought he was annoying, but he was still my friend. 
"Getting juice from the fridge. Nah man, Big Dick laid down the whip. He said mom has big news. Why do you care though? You don't even like those meetings." I poured my sugary drink and looked in teh cabinets for a before dinner snack. With my metabolism I could eat like a God for atleast another 12 years. 
"Shit, I only go to these for two reasons. One, your my main man, I gotta back you up. And two: Hot Chicks. They will do anything the moment you start talking about  saving the world.  And if I bring my sisters new puppy and made up some shit about how I rescued it, Shit I'd be like King Midas but instead of gold, everything I would touch would turn into hot chick." There were a few things that you could always bet money on with Regis. His use of the word "shit" and the way he spoke about women along with the way he went through them. 
"Oh, and get me a glass." He added.
"What?" 
"I already talked to Liza, she said I could come over for dinner. I'm in your room bro'. And I'm thirsty." It bothered me when he called my mom Liza when it was Elizabeth. And the way he was always sneaking into my room. Nothing was ever less than extraordinary when it came to him. Regis had to make a show of everything. 


So yeah., That's that.
It was really funny when I was writing it last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment