It's okay lil' asian.

.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dear Jeff Bowen.

So a young boy today drowned,
he was a friend of my brothers.
And my brother came upstairs and told me of the tragedy that had happened before I saw it on the news.
And there was something about this story that completely shook me internally.
Perhaps it was that he possibly drowned.
Perhaps it was that it was a water related death.
I don't know,
Maybe it was how my brother told the story
and maybe it was the lighting, maybe he had known this kid very well but
there might have been tears in his eyes.
I don't know.
Or maybe it was that this kid had died much too early.
Maybe it was that drowning to me is the most horrible death that a person could ever die.
And Perhaps it's because when I think about this death
my eyes brim with tears because I can only imagine how afraid he must have been.
How much it must have hurt. And then I just cry.
I feel terrible for his family and friends.
I feel terrible for his future.
Because it doesn't get to keep going on.
I feel terrible.
Because
things like this put to question my belief that your entire life has already been predetermined by fate.
All the way down to the way that you die.
And I believe the moment that you die is the moment you were meant to die.
And if fate lets people die so young, what makes me so different?

No comments:

Post a Comment