It's okay lil' asian.

.

Friday, August 26, 2011

It went by all too fast to even breathe.

Summer is pretty much over.
But that doesn't mean that  the fun is done. Oh no, I'm never done having fun.
I got my lap top yesterday. and we're best friends. I'm totally in the honey moon stage with my computer. I believe that it cannot do anything wrong. ever.
and It won't . It can't.
(*besides not having a webcam, or so I think. but that's fine. Easy fix. It's still perfect. And super cute, and from what I heard, a good gaming computer. Shall I become good at COD this fall? Perhaps.)
Anyway my computers name is Carlos.
Yep.  I have a black car, (Big Mama) and a mexican computer. (Carlos.) I can't help but just be cultural in everything that I Do.
Anyways, before I go into a rant about the things that I did and didn't do this summer, I'm going to let all of you know the wonderful thing that I did last night.
I had a four way. Three girls one guy.
It sounds extremely innapropriate when I say it that way, but in all reality it was just a video chat (which I guess could still sound really bad.... but I swear it wasn't. it was just four teenagers making inside jokes, and laughing at the weirdest things. Over all it was great. )
And my cat was in a domestic partnership for a few hours (not even.) last night.
It was pretty cool.
He's heartbroken now that it's over though. Because they're taking a break.

Alright,
So this is my list of things that I had wanted to do this summer.
Some of which I did, some of which I didn't.


  1. Going camping with a bunch of close friends. [This one is weird become I'm not really a camping sorta person, but everything is fun with close friends, right? ]
    • Alright. So this one kinda happened and kinda didn't on two different occasions. In one instance, we ended up staying the night on the beach. And it was really awesome cool! We had a fire, snacks, and a tent! And we watched the sun rise because I was obsessed with seeing it come up. In the other instance, we stayed in a bard because the weather was bad (I tihnk that's why) and that one was tons of fun! We just laughed all night, platonic spooning, and idk. It was one of those weird cool nights that you tell your grandchildren about because you know your actual children would be embarassed by it.
  2. I want to ride the Pizza train. [I can't say I've ever ridden this thing before, or else I did and don't remember, but hey, who doesn't like pizza and riding a train? Well... I at least like riding trains.]
    • I didn't go on the pizza train :( Sad face! BUT I did go on a train. I forget what train it was. It was that one that's in west duluth and it doesn't go very far, it's like an hour and a half ride (both directions.) and it was HOT AS BALLS. Seriously. I don't sweat very often, because it's gross, but i was sweating buckets. It was disgusting. And there was no escape. It was impossible to not sweat. Ew. But it was really fun anyways, and it was just a nice experience, and it was a cute thing to do that day (:
  • MY NUMBERING AND BULLETING GOT MESSED UP. DEAL WITH IT. 
  1. I NEED to go on at leas ONE road trip this summer. [Road trip, man. 'Nuff said]
      • I didn't go on any road trips. At all. Which sucks balls. There were many planned. But it just never happened. And it makes me sad. Because I love going places that I have never been before. But it's kinda okay, because I have an awesome trip planned for next summer. (CALIFORNIA BITCHES. err gurrlss?)
  2. I want to hang out in the cities for ONE WHOLE DAY. [Preferably down town or uptown. none of that sketchy suburb shit]
    • This didn't happen either. I didn't really even go to the cities all that much this summer, which blows. Because I love the cities. I think I went a whole idk maybe three times? but this would have been really awesome. I wish it would have happened. Oh well, maybe something to do this year? Like a cool weekend thing to do. yes. I think I like that better.
  3. Watch the sunrise, again with a group of friends. [I've done it many times before, but sitting on a roof, or other high up place,with friends as it comes up, and everyone is half asleep but still feeling euphoric. Priceless]
    • Alright, so it wasn't in a high place. But it was on the beach. Like the edge of the beach where the water was bitterly cold and tickling my feet waking me up and it just POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE. It was the most beautiful mind blowing thing I had ever seen. 
  4. I need to go to Festivals. Like Hippie Festivals. [Preferably Earth Dance which is held somewhere central California (road trip! Two birds, one stone?) ]
    • I didn't go to any festivals. Not even the Renaissance fair, though I don't think that one is over or has happened yet. So MAYBE I can still do that. Also I don't think Earth Dance has happened yet. So there's still hope. It just didn't happen this summer. Which kinda sucks. But oh well. Right? There's always time. I'm young (: 
  5. I want to become a super gamer, preferably at Call of Duty, but hey I'm not one to complain about finishing a goal.
    • Okay, So it wasn't call of duty that I played, and think that I'm good enough  to call this goal done. Because I played a fair ammount of left4dead (BEST VIDEOGAME FUCKING EVER.) And I'm pretty decent at it. Not gamer good, but decent. Which is good enough for me. Also I really like this game. And making a gamer goal in the summer isn't a great Idea i've realized because how can you become a gamer when you're hiking through the woods? you can't.
  6. Paint something. [A real painting, none of that wall sketching I do.]
    • So, I didn't paint anything besides my bedroom really. So this is sad. But in my defense, I just wasn't in the mood to paint this summer. 
  7. Fill my closet with only COOL clothes. No filler. 
    • This one was partially accomplished. Partially because i bought a few cool things to wear, but lately, more recently I realized that I have  a fairly cool closet, I just needede to become more creative about how I put my outfits to gether, and thus realizing how fricken cool my clothes are. 
  8. Go horseback riding on the beach. [I did this a few years ago, it was really fun. I'd like to do it again.]
    • I didn't even go horseback riding in general. So This sucks. But this goal, also takes A LOT of planning and putting together to get done. And I don't have all of the resources to get this one done. But someday I might. 
  9. Have an all night beach party. [This includes bonfire, watching stars, watching the sunrise, s'mores, dancing, guitar playing. you know; The works.]
    • I camped on the beach, so maybe this counts. There was a bonfire, star watching, sunrise watching, s'mores, no dancing or guitar playing, but oh well. It was fun! It was great. It was one of those cool experiences to remember.
  10. Creating the ultimate family on the Sims. {What? Have you ever gotten through atleast two generations of family on the sims? Yeah? Me neither.]
    • Okay So. This didn't happen either. The closest I got was adopting a baby and then deleting it because it was white, when I wanted a black baby. So Fail I guess.
  1. Take beautiful pictures. [This want is similar to the painting something one, but I want to take an award winning photograph. Even if the award is just "good job!"]
      • I didn't take pictures that were winning quality, but I did get a few shots that are "good job" quality and also it doesn't matter what other people think. The pictures I took are of good memories, so They're great. 
  2. See my Great Grandma Elsie, and spend a WHOLE day with her. [I love her, that's all.]
    • this goal hurts. I'm not over it at all. She died this summer. I saw her once before she died, and she was sleeping. and I didn't wake her up. I wish I had. Because even if she would have been tired, I know that she would have stayed up to talk with me. i say to live a life without regrets, but I do regret not making an effort to really see her, even if in my mind I had come up with this idea that if I went to see her she would die soon after because I liked to imagine that she was waiting to see me because she never forgot me when she forgot the rest of the world. I still love her. She's wonderful. I miss her so damn much.
  3. Visit a patient who hasn't had a visitor in a long time (At a nursing home). [You would get lonely and sad too if no one ever visited you.]
    • Actually. This one was completed. I saw her two sundays ago. Her name is Gloria (I'm going to leave out her last name, because I feel she can have some privacy.) Her family had left her there like five or so years ago, and they visited only once around the holidays. And taht made me so sad. I had picked some wild black eyed susans by my house and brought them to her. Her smile, just about made my heart burst with joy. She asked me how I knew her, and I said that i didn't and that something told me to come visit her that day. And her face broke into the biggest smile, and she laughed and said I was lying . I asked her how she knew, and she said "I don't believe in god." I just smiled. She was an interesting woman. Kinda bitter, but sweet all the way through. We talked about the world, and how things are going to shit these days. And idk, it was just a humbling experience and i was sad that her family didn't visit her. She thanked me for visiting her. I felt good.
  4. Go to the star watching place thing at UMD (I think it's at umd. i don't know what it's called I just know you can go there and look at constellations and stars and things.)
    • I have a great excuse for not accomplishing this one. I don't know where it is, what it's called or what time it happens at. So it coudln't be completedd due to lack of knowledge.
  5. Hike. A lot. [I've recently found that I like hiking, A LOT! So i want to hike a good part of the Superior Hiking Trail this summer.]
    • I didn't do any dramatic hiking like i would have liked, BUT i did do some hiking in Chester, and along the coast of lake superior, which I'd say is better than no hiking. (: So due to lack of my own hiking experience, I'd say this one was completed.
  6. I want t to take a cooking class at...well anywhere! It would be fun! Right?
    • Did not happen. I didn't jump on that band wagon. But oh well. Maybe I can take some this year.
  7. Visit the Zoo. [I've been to the zoo, I want to go this time and draw and write about them. Kinda like unnatural nature writing?]
    • Also did not happen. And it's not like this one is hard to accomplish or anything, it just didn't happen.Which sucks. But i guess another time. (Boo at the Zoo?!)
  8. Go to improv. A lot. [I went once, lmao-ed and now i need to go again]
    • Only kinda sorta completed. I went like two or three times. Laughed my ass off. And that's that. Maybe I'll go tonight .ANYONE WANNA GO?!
  9. Catch a jar full of fireflies. [NIGHT LIGHT! and then they die...]
    • There weren't a lot of fireflies out this year. Also i'm kinda freaked out by bugs, so it would have been hilarious (For otehr people) to watch my catch those things. But I saw them. Also I don't want them to die. that's sad.
  10. Start a writing/book club that meets at a coffee shop once a week, [Maybe, twice a month.]
    • Didn't happen. why? Becasuse I didn't buck up and plan the damn thing. So Oh well. Maybe this is a winter month thing too?
  1. Throw a cool party. [Like the ones they have in the miracle whip commercials, just without the mayo...]
    • Actually, if I plan fast enough, this COULD happen saturday night? Bedroom party? But I don't really know if I want to have a bedroom party for sure. I don't really know how to throw a party. You know? So no. this didn't happen. I'll give it till saturday, so i'll keep you posted I suppose.
  2. Go to a Rooftop Party. [This one might be close to impossible, But I'll try!]
    1. Didn't happen. 'Nuff said.
  3. Take an art class [They have them. Somewhere]
    1. Didn't do this either. They're at michaels. But I just didn't go.
  4. Buy a sewing machine. [Make my own clothes. or try to anyway.]
    1. didn't do this either. I bought a lap top though :) So win win? haha
  5. See Josie in Colorado. [I miss her so much.]
    1. this didn't happen. but that's because her old host mom never planned it and so we never went which sucks. because I would love to see her :( I miss her so much. She was my best friend. We talked about everything and idk. She was juts so cool.

In a few days I'll come out with a "Things I want to accomplish this fall list"

No comments:

Post a Comment