It's okay lil' asian.

.

Friday, September 9, 2011

FASHION WEEK UPDATE: LUCA LUCA.

Alright. I just finished watching the Luca Luca show.
And it was beautiful!
I saw a lot of  simple designs that were cut from the boldest of fabrics and colors!
my favorite look that i had seen was this periwinkle blazer with a hot pink (it might have been a vinyl or some kind of reflective material like that) shirt, with these ADORABLE patterned pants!
To DIE FOR. ( I couldn't find an image of it, so you'll just have to watch the show to know what I'm talking about. (Links in first fashion week blog))
Again I saw that strange Greco-Roman front flap dress thing going on here. It's interesting. I don't know if I like it on every design I see or if I even like it at all to be honest. (Because in a few shows that I've seen it in, it's kinda given these lovely models camel toe... Just sayin'.)
Though I will give Melgoza (The Designer of Luca Luca) some credit because he had these absolutely beautiful silhouettes for these beautiful designs. They covered up most of their bodies with small cut outs here and there which gave his entire collection this subtle sexiness.
There was a lot of long beautiful legs showing in this show. And I mean, goodness gracious, while these models have beautiful legs to begin with I feelthat the designs they were wearing actually accentuated this. Which I am all for. I love a beautiful leg.
Also my other favorite look were these filmy black dress pants that you could see through (the type of fabric escapes me rigth now, btu it was hto)
But even with all of this that I've typed, I still feel that this collection didn't completely jump out at me, it was just another collection. And for a little bit I thought that maybe these just weren't great designs until I found what the designer himself had to say about the collection and then it made sense why, as beautiful as his works were, they weren't crazy.
Melgoza started off being inspired by the gear worn by equestrians. "I extended that by being creative," he says. "I imagined a woman riding her horse through the woods. But what does she do after that? So I took her on a journey. I extended the experience of being in the woods. The woman who I had in mind is definitely an adventuress. She is a strong woman who is very confident but at the same time, very feminine."
The look he went for was a timeless look, because he was designing for a woman who had a whole day planned of many things, so she need not be bothered by such trivial things as fashion because as long as she's adventurous, she'll look good (also if she's wearing Luca Luca, that helps too)

Luca Luca Fall/Winter 2011 Collection


Until the next show!
Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment