It's okay lil' asian.

.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go on, write somebody else a love letter.

Because I'm always on the road.

It's not that I'm not good enough. It's that I've succombed to what I feel I should be. I'm slowly giving way to be eaten alive by what I think I should look like, by how I think I should act. How. No, move every letter in the world how one space to the right.
Who.
Who I should be.
Who should I be?

I think I should be tall-er. I think I should be white.
I think I should have fair hair. And Blue eyes.
I think I should be happy all of the time.
I think I should be what everyone wants me to be, and depending on who they are that is even subject to change.
I think I should be this way.
I think I should be that way.

But it's exhausting trying to be.
And most of the time I am too caught up in being myself to always keep myself in check enough to make sure that I keep up these standards for myself.
And maybe some people think that that is a good thing. maybe some people don't.
maybe i need to figure out who i am before i can even finish this blog to it's complete and utter entirety.
maybe i should figure out who I am.
maybe i should figure out what i'm going to do.
or who i should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment