It's okay lil' asian.

.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

FASHION WEEK UPDATE YO.

Alright so, fashion week.
First I'd like to note, today I received a pair of nude heels. I love nude heels.
Now onto fashion week.
Here's an update of what's happened today!

So here's who showed last night:
Nicholas K, BCBGMaxAzria, Richard Chai, Supima, and Tadashi Shodji.


Nikolas K.
At first when I saw the TAN model walk down the runway in camoflage (which for all of you who don't keep up with these things, is something that is slowly making a comeback, so for all of you skinny bitches who can still fit into your camo cargo pants taht you bought in third grade, get them out! For the rest of us, well you can try to find some things, just make sure it's not tacky.)  I thought Oh my god. That's hidious, but then after delving deeper into his collection, I was struck in awe by the perfect layering and the genius use of fabric and the placement. It was genius.
His designs are just genius. The fall palette mimics a fall forest with colors like rust orange, hunter green, evergreen, moss green, birch, snowy white, harvest, bark and mud brown. They're so absolutely beautiful,
and it's impossible to not be inspired by his creations! His use of laying fabric makes me think of this memory i have of being in middle school, where there was this girl (Natalie Kintop) and I were talking and I we were talking about trends and fashion or something, and she made a snide comment about how I didn't invent the style of "Layers" and I admitted that I didn't, I just knew how to layer my clothing better than she did. She didn't the comment. i didnt' like her, or her clothing choices.
 I love Nikolas K. 
I cannot wait to see his designs hit the streets, (well the ready to wear, realistic versions, but i still kinda want the super haute couture versions!
nicholas k womenswear
Check out the rest of his GENIUS COLLECTION HERE.* click






BCBGMAXAZRIA.
Alright, so I may have a slight bias towards BCBG, because every time I go to TjMax (my secret weapon for when i need designer clothes, and it's just a cool store in general.) I most definitely search for some BCBG. I found some siccckkk heals once... anyways.  Back to the runway.
So this line (because Max Azria has so many lines.**)
**Fashion Lingo: Line: A collection of designs that a designer has designed.
this line is mostly dresses. Absolutely insane. His colors are so bright and beautiful and the cuts of the dress are so interesting. He definitely went for a modern Greco Roman. And his color pallette was full of genius  Vibrant colors, including coral, purple, blue and mustard, paired with muted neutrals like cream and beige.
At first I wasn't sure about the style, i mean the front crotch flap is a little alarming, but after awhile (i still didn't completely think it was "Suppah hawt" but there were a few times when it completely worked. 






RICHARD CHAI.
FUCKING GENIUS.
Seriously.
So I totally digged his look. Complete Androgyny. (Androgynous, is so hawt)
I noticed these dominant shades of navy, coral, green, and yellow. These colors rocked! Even on the super duper cute oxford shoes! There were tons of awesome versatile dresses; long short, cut up, beautiful. One of my favorites ended up being this
Some of his designs were a little... over the top.
The half kilt skirt over long pants was definitely directed at a certain type of people, but it worked sometimes and possible appealed to a large mass (even if it was a half kilt skirt pants thing) and I'm in love with the floral print shirts. Absolutely genius!
Fashion from the Spring 2012 collection of Richard Chai is modeled on Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011 in New York. Photo: Bebeto Matthews / AP

The spring 2012 collection of Richard Chai is modeled during Fashion Week in New York, Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011. Photo: Bebeto Matthews / AP
























Fashion from the Spring 2012 collection of Richard Chai is modeled on Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011 in New York. Photo: Bebeto Matthews / AP
^^ Absolute favorite look of the whole night!


Supima
This was a beautifully done collection.
'nuff said.




Tadashi Shoji.
So this is his ready to wear collection, and I absolutely loved it. It was my favorite out of everyone who showed tonight. But while I watched I couldn't help but htink "Garden Party" or Wedding. And these looks are meant for anyone to wear whenever they want, but I think that all of the beautiful brides looking to get married perhaps this spring (and not a duluth spring...) I think should definitely check out his collection for ideas on dresses and even bridesmaid dresses. Or if you're like me, you can just dream about wearing these beautiful elegant frocks. Even more so, if you're a slightly nontraditional person, or bride, the white, bude, and pale silver dresses aren't classic bridal, but they'd be perfect for a modern woman. (and it's so beautiful!)









Seriously. the best collection in my opinion so far.
Genius.
If I had the bank account, I would only wear this collection for the rest of my life (until i found something even more incredible.)
Birthday present?
PLEASE!

(:
More updates tomorrow night!


Also!
If you want to watch the show!
CLICK THIS LINK!
and here's the whole shows schedule

Nicholas K
Thursday, Sept. 8, 9 a.m. ET
BCBGMAXAZRIA
Thursday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m. ET
Richard Chai
Thursday, Sept. 8, 11 a.m. ET
Supima
Thursday, Sept. 8, 1 p.m. ET
Tadashi Shodji
Thursday, Sept. 8, 2 p.m. ET
Luca Luca
Friday, Sept. 9, 11 a.m. ET
Rebecca Taylor
Friday, Sept. 9, 2 p.m. ET
Nicole Miller
Friday, Sept. 9, 6 p.m. ET
Cynthia Rowley
Friday, Sept. 9, 7 p.m. ET
Lacoste
Saturday, Sept. 10, 10 a.m. ET
Jill Stuart
Saturday, Sept. 10, 11 a.m. ET
Vivienne Tam
Saturday, Sept. 10, 3 p.m. ET
Charlotte Ronson
Saturday, Sept. 10, 6 p.m. ET
Monique Lhuillier
Saturday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m. ET
Derek Lam
Sunday, Sept. 11, 12 p.m. ET
DKNY
Sunday, Sept. 11, 1 p.m. ET
Tracy Reese
Sunday, Sept. 11, 2 p.m. ET
Diane von Furstenberg
Sunday, Sept. 11, 4 p.m. ET
Custo Barcelona
Sunday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m. ET
Tommy Hilfiger
Sunday, Sept. 11, 8 p.m. ET
Carolina Herrera
Monday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. ET
Carlos Miele
Monday, Sept. 12, 11 a.m. ET
Rebecca Minkoff
Monday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET
Donna Karan
Monday, Sept. 12, 2 p.m. ET
Betsey Johnson
Monday, Sept. 12, 6 p.m. ET
Perry Ellis
Monday, Sept. 12, 7 p.m. ET
Marc by Marc Jacobs
Monday, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m. ET
Badgley Mischka
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 10 a.m. ET
Vera Wang
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 11 a.m. ET
Herve Leger by Max Azria
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2 p.m. ET
Oscar de la Renta
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 6 p.m. ET
Tibi
Tuesday, Sept.13, 7 p.m. ET
Narcisco Rodriguez
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 8 p.m. ET
J. Mendel
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 1 p.m. ET
Milly by Michelle Smith
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 3 p.m. ET
Anna Sui
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 6 p.m. ET
Elie Tahari
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 7 p.m. ET
Ralph Lauren
Thursday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. ET
This season, Ralph Lauren will be live streaming its collection show on the New York Times‘ iPad app.
Marc Jacobs Collection
Thursday, Sept. 15, 8 p.m. ET
Enjoy Mon amis <3


No comments:

Post a Comment